Here at URBAN AINT DEAD, we like to put a spotlight on our authors and give the readers a chance to get the inside scoop on the makings of some of their favorite novels. Today, we’re sitting down with P.Wise to get some insight on her writing style and what she brings to the Urban Fiction industry.
1. As a fairly new author in the industry, you have managed to amass a loyal following. How do you feel about all that you’ve accomplished so far?
I feel great about all that I’ve accomplished so far, because I’m not where I was when I started. While I would love to be further, I know Rome wasn’t built in one day. I’m trusting the process and celebrating all small wins.
2. What is your favorite part about being an author?
My favorite part about being an author is that I have the ability to create whatever it is I want to create and no one can tell me otherwise. I have full control of my creativity.
3. If you could give any aspiring author one piece of advice about having the power to transform and change their lives, what would you tell them?
If I could give any aspiring author one piece of advice about having the power to transform and change their lives, it would be to stay in your own lane. Don’t measure your goals or success with anyone else’s.
4. You’re also an up-and-coming script writer. Which do you enjoy penning most, novels or films?
I enjoy writing novels the most because it gives more detail within the writing itself. I love to write and envision the scene. I hope to grow my passion and love for scripts each time as I complete more and more.
5. Is there one book that you have out now that you can see on the big screen? If so, what would the title be?
I can see all of my books on the big screen, but if I had to pick one, it would be “A Saint Luv’n a Savage: A Philly Love Story”. And as for the title I would make the movie or show, maybe “Bike Love” or something like that.
6. For new readers of your books, what can they expect when they open a book from P. Wise?
For new readers of my books, what they can expect when they open a book from P. Wise is captivating pages that will have them constantly wanting to turn. They can expect to be sucked into the storyline where they’ll feel as though they’re there with the characters. And they can also expect to walk away with some sort of lesson.
7. What’s something that you’re looking forward to most about your writing career?
Something I’m looking forward the most about my writing career is to have my work on the big screen for the world to see. I want my writing career to make me a household name.
P. Wise's URBAN AINT DEAD debut, Melted The Heart Of A Menace: A Hood Holiday Romance, is available NOW on Amazon. You can read it free with Kindle Unlimited, here.
Make sure you are following P. Wise on Instagram, Facebook, and check out her website, here. Don't forget to subscribe to the URBAN AINT DEAD mailing list, here, to stay up to date on new content and releases.