Today, we are sitting down with Kyiris Ashley for the second time to discuss the highly anticipated and requested follow up to her URBAN AINT DEAD debut, “The State’s Witness 2: No Way Out.”
1. Now, Kyiris… I think it’s safe to say that you really brought your A game with part one of your series! It was different in a very refreshing kind of way, and readers have been loving it! Did you expect for people to love it so much?
Hey y’all, I’m excited to be here today talking about “The State’s Witness 2: No Way Out.” Thank you so much, I’m elated about the love I received on the first installment of the series. I have to admit it was kinda unexpected. When I heard the story, I knew I had to be the one to write it but, when readers slid in my DM wanting to discuss the book, I knew people were really fuckin’ (take that out if I can’t cuss lol) with it and, that is so dope. I love connecting with my readers.
2. With the release of the sequel of this juicy and thrilling series, what can our readers expect diving back into the story of Nakia and the Courtyard Marriott?
Well, in my opinion the readers are gonna be on a roller-coaster ride from start to finish. Nakia finds herself in an even bigger dilemma than she did in the first book. I don’t want to give out any spoilers, but what I will say is nobody is going to expect the story to play out the way it does.
3. During the process of writing this book, what was the most difficult or challenging part for you (if any at all)? How did it feel when you were finally able to push through?
The most difficult part was the extreme writers block that I experienced writing this book. I’ve never had a case so severe, however once I got back in the grove, I was able to slay it like nothing ever happened. Once I pushed it through, I felt amazing.
4. What do you think readers will love most about this installment of your series?
The Drama! These characters go through one dramatic situation after another. While also answering all the questions readers had from part one.
5. For readers who are about to dive into part two, what is something that they should keep in mind before they start reading?
Keep in mind that I’m an artist and I’m sensitive about my shit, lol.
6. Who is your favorite character in the series so far? Who’s your least favorite? Why?
My favorite character thus far has been Nikki. In part one, she was a lost little girl but, now in part two she is finally coming into her own. I love that for her. Now, my least favorite character in all honesty is Cole. He makes me sick. You know when you take a trash bag out the can and it leaked into the bottom of the can, that’s Cole, straight Trash Juice!
7. I think this is something that everybody wants to know… is the end near? Will part three be the finale and last book to end this fire ass series? Or will you really take us on a ride and extend it out more?
Yes, part three will be the final instalment of this series. I feel it’s time to let these characters lives play out the way they’re going to and let them be. I have a new set of fire ass characters in my head that I need to get out, and I can’t wait.
All in all, we here at URBAN AINT DEAD are extremely excited and proud of Kyiris Ashley and all of the work that she is putting in sharing her voice and showing all our reader’s that Urban Fiction in fact is not dead.